A Famous Festival in Vietnam
In Vietnam, people celebrate many different festivals each year. The biggest festival in Vietnam is Tết. This celebrates the beginning of the Lunar New Year. Vietnamese people have to prepare a lot for this festival. Before Tết, people buy fruits and flowers from the market and decorate their houses. Most people buy a special tree with lots of flowers. In the north of Vietnam, people buy peach trees with pink flowers. In the south, people buy apricot trees with yellow flowers. Everyone cleans their house before Tết. This is very important because you shouldn’t clean it during Tết. During Tết, people visit their family and friends. Few people go to school or work. Children wear new clothes and get lucky money. It’s a great time to watch lion dances and fireworks. Everyone is happy and excited about the New Year. Vietnamese people love to celebrate this festival.
1. Do people celebrate many different festivals each year?
2. Is Tết the biggest festival in Vietnam?
3. What do people often do before Tết?
4. What do people often do during Tết?
5. In the North of Vietnam, what type of tree do people buy?
6. In the South of Vietnam, what type of tree do people buy?