Question 34. That car is too expensive, so I don’t buy it.
Change the sentences into reported speech.
Question 35. “Have you been to English speaking countries?” ( The teacher asked students………..)
Question 36. “We are having a workshop on IELTS speaking this Sunday.” ( Mike said that
Question 37. “What is your favourite science subject?”
( My father asked me………..)
* Use the given words to rewrite the following sentences without changing their meanings
Question 38. The earthquake hit the northern part of the city yesterday.
(->The northern part of the city…)
Question 39. People will send spacecraft to Mars by the end of this century.
Question40. They finished their homework, then went to bed.
(-> after they ….)
1 bình luận về “Question 34. That car is too expensive, so I don’t buy it. Change the sentences into reported s”
Cách 1: That car is too expensive for me to buy it.
Cách 2: That car isn’t cheap enough for me to buy it.
S + be+ too + ADJ + (for O) + to V: quá … đến nỗi không
S +be + (not) + ADJ + enough + (for O) + to V: đủ .. .để làm gì
35. The teacher asked students if they had been to English-speaking countries.
Câu tường thuật – dạng YES/NO-questions
S + asked / wanted to know / wondered + (O) + if/whether + S + V (lùi thì)
HTHT → QKHT
36. Mike said that they were having a workshop on IELTS speaking that Sunday.
Câu tường thuật – dạng câu kể
S + said to / told + O + that + S +V (lùi thì)
S + said + that + S +V (lùi thì)
said to = told
HTTD → QKTD
this → that
37. My father asked me what my favourite science subject was.
Câu tường thuật – dạng Wh-questions
S + asked / wanted to know / wondered + (O) + Wh+ S + V (lùi thì)
HTĐ → QKĐ
38. The northern part of the city was hit by the earthquake yesterday.
DHNB: yesterday (thì QKĐ)
S + was/were + V3/ed (thì QKĐ – bị động)
39. Spacecraft will be sent to Mars by the end of this century.
S + will be + V3/ed (thì TLĐ – bị động)
40. After they had finished their homework, they went to bed.
After + QKHT, QKĐ